Autism is a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them. There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism – more than 1 in every 100.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism.
It covers the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification. You are able to see the awarding body and more details of the qualification here.
- Further your personal and professional development
- No need to formally attend a college, meaning you can learn at your own time from the comfort of your home
- Receive a set of high-quality support materials that will be yours to keep and use as a reference
- Receive support and guidance from a dedicated team of qualified assessors/tutors
How is it delivered?
Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.
The course is usually delivered over a period of 8-12 weeks.
Successful completion of this course ensures that the learner has fully understood these important principles and evidence knowledge of the subject area.
- Introduction to Autism
- Using a Person-Centred Approach to Support Individuals with Autism
- Communication and Social Interaction in Individuals with Autism
- Sensory Processing, Perception and Cognition in Individuals with Autism
- Supporting Positive Behaviour in Individuals with Autism
- Supported Individuals with Autism to Live Healthy and Fulfilled Lives
What is the cost?
Due to the availability of government funding, this qualification is free to enrol though Profile Development and Training should you meet the following criteria:
- You are 19+
- You are not currently receiving Government funding for training
Places are limited so please book early to secure your place. Funding is subject to learners meeting set eligibility criteria as shown above.
Please note: As of 19/09/2017 a fee of £168 inc VAT is payable if learners decide to withdraw from the course and do not complete their assessments.
To read our Understanding Autism FAQs click here
If you are interested in finding out more about the course, please complete the form below and one of our dedicated staff members will be in touch.