Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their understanding of challenging behaviour and the principles of supporting individuals with challenging behaviour.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the reasons why individuals display behaviour that challenges and its impact
- Further your personal and professional development
- Be able to support individuals effectively
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
How is it delivered?
Alongside the learning materials, you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete.
The course is usually delivered over a period of 8 weeks.
Successful completion of this course ensures that the learner has fully understood these important principles and evidence knowledge of the subject area.
- Understand Behaviour That Challenges
- Understand How to Support Positive Behaviour
- Understand the Importance of Effective Communication and the Management of Behaviour That Challenges
- Understand the Role of Reflection and Support for Those Involved in Incidents of Behaviour that Challenges
What is the cost?
Due to the availability of government funding, this qualification is free to enrol though Profile Development and Training should you meet the following criteria:
- You are 19+
- You are not currently receiving Government funding for training
- You have lived in the UK for the last three years
Places are limited so please book early to secure your place. Funding is subject to learners meeting set eligibility criteria as shown above.
Please note: As of 19/09/2017 a fee of £168 inc VAT is payable if learners decide to withdraw from the course and do not complete their assessments.
To read our Understanding Behaviour that Challenges FAQs click here
If you are interested in finding out more about the course, please complete the form below and one of our dedicated staff members will be in touch.