This online qualification is designed to increase your knowledge and understanding of autism and is an ideal next step from the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism.
By completing the qualification, you will develop in-depth knowledge of autism which could support progression onto appropriate qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care sector.
The qualification will help you to understand:
- How to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism.
- The current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time.
- How to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism.
- The range of therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions.
- How to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism.
- How to develop an understanding of how individuals with autism may be vulnerable and the support worker’s role and responsibilities relating to safeguarding according to legislative requirements.
To achieve this qualification you’ll need to complete six mandatory units, within six months:
- Unit 01 Autism in context.
- Unit 02 Positive behavioural support for individuals with autism.
- Unit 03 Understand support and management of transitions for individuals with autism.
- Unit 04 Therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions.
- Unit 05 Communication and social interaction with individuals with autism.
- Unit 06 Safeguarding and resilience in autism.
The course can be fully funded via an Advanced Learner Loan which only becomes repayable when you earn over £25,000 per annum. You can find more information on the course by reading the Qualification Facts.
If you are interested in this course, please complete the Expression of Interest Form and send it to us or complete the below contact form.