Our apprenticeship opportunities are advertised through a variety of platforms, however, you will find all of the latest roles right here!
Apprentice Teaching Assistant
Astor College for the Arts
To Support SEND pupils within the classroom environment both academically and emotionally and keep records of pupils that you have been asked to support. Follow school safeguarding and notify all concerns. Model good behaviour, dress, use of language & be punctual and work as part of the SEND team and support colleagues in the wider school community:
- Working under the direction and line management of the SENCo and/or Lead Teaching Assistant:
- Follow teachers’ directions regarding support
- Liaise with teachers regarding planning for support
- Assist teachers in the differentiation of work for the pupils
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment.
- Support the learning activities of those pupils identified as having additional or special educational needs.
- To know and support the pupils’ targets.
- Facilitate pupils’ access to the curriculum by clarifying and explaining tasks and instructions, developing understanding through questioning, providing differentiated resources, helping with personal organisation, and planning of work whilst also encouraging independent learning skills.
- Develop literacy and numeracy skills – by scribing, paired reading, using concrete apparatus and any other relevant resources.
- Promote behaviour for learning – keeping pupils on task, developing positive relationships, modelling good behaviour, supporting school behaviour policy etc.
- Assist pupils in practical subjects.
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
- Support pupils in small groups under the direction of the class teacher/SENCO
- Under direction, deliver interventions to support pupil progress e.g. reading, comprehension, spelling, handwriting groups etc.
- Where necessary, to tend to pupils’ personal care or physical needs as necessary.
- Accompany pupils on off-site activities and external provisions e.g. school trips, placements, skills studio etc.
- Provide additional support for pupils who have alternative assessment arrangements including acting as invigilator, scribe, reader etc. for internal/external exams.
- Provide clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, printing, displays etc.
- To contribute to the implementation and review of IEPs and/or Provision Maps as directed by the SENCo
- Monitor the progress and performance of individual pupils and keep records relating to pupils supported.
- Assess the impact of support and provide information to SENCo
- Assist in gathering information to inform the AEN/SEN audit.
- Liaise with others on all aspects of needs, support and progress of the pupils.
- Actively promote all aspects of the school’s AEN provision in a positive way.
- Provide a positive role-model in terms of timekeeping, dress code and work ethos.
- Support the maintenance management of health and safety in accordance with the health and safety policy.
- Contribute to the promotion and effective implementation of the school’s AEN, Equality and Diversity Policies.
- Comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
- Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and students and to provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers. This job description may be reviewed and is subject to amendment.
- To attend all training sessions and twilights.
- To be able to work as part of the team and work using your own initiative.
- Follow school policies and procedures.
Closing Date: 17th October 2021
Learning Support Assistant Apprentice
East Farleigh Primary School
East Farleigh has an exciting opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant apprentice to work in one of our Key Stage 2 classes.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff and provide feedback to the teacher
- Support pupils to understand instructions support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils
- Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being
- Prepare and maintain learning environment and resources, including photocopying, filing and the display and presentation of pupils work and contribute to maintaining a safe environment
Your ability to build relationships, have a positive outlook and a willingness to try different approaches is essential. You will be well supported by the SENCO and class teacher to facilitate high quality, independent learning and help all pupils achieve their very best.
In return, we offer a commitment to your professional development and ambitions, as well as a supportive team to work with – this is a great opportunity to join our friendly staff and help us realise our vision for the whole school community.
Closing Date: 1st November 2021